AX Construction is looking to recruit a Storekeeper to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Responsible for deliveries of parts and supplies, storage and inputting of stock data at AX Construction stores.
- Be present during deliveries of supplies, confirm that these match with orders and relevant invoices
- Responsible for storage of same supplies on arrival and for logistics on various sites
- Assist the Purchasing officer in obtaining quotes
- Assist the Purchasing officer in assessing stock level requirements
- Inputting of data in ‘Materials Control’ program.
- Assist in any other duties as assigned by Purchasing Officer to help in the operations of a fast-paced environment.
- Confident and organised, able to manage stores with minimum supervision, take an initiative
- Good attention to detail, be proactive and determined in achieving required results
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Maltese
- Own transport and a clean and valid driving licence
- Being able to handle received goods and carry heavy items
- At least one year experience in a similar position.
AX Construction Ltd. has been established since 1976 providing building services to institutions that recognize the value of a partner who works diligently and creatively to find the best possible solution for each particular project. AX Construction Ltd. relates mainly to civil engineering works, turnkey assignments, project management and restoration work. Over the years, it was entrusted with a number of major projects including the Group’s four hotels; the Group’s head office; Verdala Mansions in Rabat, Malta; Capua Hospital in Sliema; Parliament building superstructure in Valletta; and various other projects which were executed for Group companies and third-party clients. During 2014 and 2015, the construction division developed the Simblija Care Home & Hilltop Gardens Retirement Village on a site measuring circa 17,000 square metres, located in Simblija, limits of Naxxar. In the current financial year and FY2018, the Group will be primarily involved in the conversion of the two newly acquired properties in Valletta to boutique hotels. In FY2016, the Group generated construction works, principally through its engagement in a number of turnkey projects (including third party private residences). In recent years, AX Construction Ltd. has been very active in restoration projects and has to date completed works on parts of the Valletta & Vittoriosa bastions, Fort St Angelo, Scamps Palace Building (site housing Casino di Venezia) and the Valletta Waterfront. This trend continued in FY2014 as AX Construction Ltd. was involved in projects including the restoration of St Paul’s Catacombs, parts of Valletta bastions and Lascaris War Rooms in Valletta. The said projects were completed in Q3 2015. During the last quarter of FY2014, AX Construction Ltd. was awarded the restoration of part of the Birgu bastions and the Wignacourt Tower in St Paul’s Bay. In FY2015 the Group commenced works on Phase II of the St Paul’s Catacombs project which was completed in Q1 FY2016. Projects for FY2016 included the restoration of Auberge d’Italie and Palazzo San Salvatore.