The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is looking to recruit a Spa Director
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Spa Director
is responsible for all processes related to the Spa including but not limited to Sales and Reservations and Therapists aspects of the Spa Operation and for all areas of the Wellness Operation. As an Ambassador for the Spa, this role ensures outstanding Five Star guest relations, driving and delivering Corinthia Palace brand standards.
oin one of the most dynamic teams on the island and work at one of Malta’s most prestigious venues.
Spa Director Duties & Responsibilities:
Spa Director Requirements:
- Responsible for driving key elements of the operation such as operating criteria, programming, budgeting, VIP guest visits, colleague relations and training.
- Responsible for driving the revenue of all business centres in the Spa through effective scheduling, yield management and sales.
- Oversee the spa operation ensuring all guests visiting The Spa are attended to in a professional and efficient manner.
- Develop structures and SOPs in line with company and LQA standards which exceed the expectations of our guests.
- Prepare the weekly schedule to ensure manning levels are appropriate to meet expected demand as per the hotel occupancy forecast.
- Responsible for training and explaining the job description for new employees.
- Set a good example for other staff with personal presentation and conduct.
- Have the initiative to take action when necessary to ensure the smooth operation of The Spa.
- To foster a positive working environment for all employees.
- Attend to any task relating to The Spa or Hotel as directed by management.
- Check opening procedure details for the morning shift and closing procedure details for the evening shift.
- Check all maintenance in the spa, make work order if necessary and follow up.
- Continually monitor reservations ensuring the reservation book is updated with complete and accurate information.
- Assist and supervise all spa team members.
- Answer all guest questions regarding spa treatments and products, appointment availability, length and cost of the treatment.
- Dealing with guest complaints immediately to resolve problems to the satisfaction of the guest.
- Up sell treatments and coach staff in developing selling skills by giving feedback and leading by example.
- Check inventory to ensure we have sufficient stock levels on hand as per the forecast.
- Prepare monthly report ensuring all statistics are accurate.
- Check retail inventory prepared by Assistant Spa Manager.
The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa:
Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business, whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion. As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions. As the founding property of Corinthia Hotels, Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is packed with elegance and luxury and is located near San Anton gardens.
- Previous experience as a Spa Director/Manager or in a five-star spa environment or similar is preferred, pre-opening experience ideal.
- Impeccable personal presentation and excellent communication skills.
- Able to lead and motivate.
- Able to deliver outstanding guest service.
- Able to drive the financial performance of the Spa.
- Outstanding guest relations skills with experience of dealing with high profile clientele.
- Strong sales skills to drive revenue of Spa treatments, Spa retail and membership.
- Ability to take charge and solve problems.
- Effective planning.
- Ability to set objectives for the team.
- Experience of working with computerised hotel/spa/salon booking and scheduling software.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English, additional languages desirable.
- Educated to college or degree level, Beauty/Massage qualification an advantage.
- Eligible to work in the EU.