Luzzu Restaurant & Lido in Malta is looking to recruit a Sous Chef to join their team on a full-time basis. Being a direct link between the Head Chef & the Sous Chefs and his/her assigned production areas. Achieving the objectives through communication, organization, and training.
- Ensuring that all safety and environmental protection regulations are followed;
- To ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to the team and then executed flawlessly;
- Ensuring all food is correctly prepared fresh, of the highest quality, to the correct recipe, and in the correct quantity;
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus;
- Overseeing the kitchen staff as a middle manager;
- Being a “hands-on” supervisor who leads his/her team by example;
- Ensures development of team members through on-going training;
- Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement;
- Ensuring that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions;
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed;
- Ensuring that supplies and inventories are readily available;
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food;
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine the status of outstanding safety or equipment issues;
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling.
Luzzu Restaurant & Lido:
Spectacular seaside views of Qawra Bay, bright indoor area, family-friendly environment, and modern Mediterranean cuisine – this is what Luzzu Restaurant is all about. Pizzas, pasta, salads, grill dishes or gluten-free options for your dietary requirements – all prepared with the greatest care and consideration.
- Team worker and takes initiative and decisions when not supervised;
- A good standard of education;
- Fluency in English;
- Previous working experience in this field;
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends.