Alberta in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Software Support Professional to join their team on a full-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must review and maintain current systems as required;
- Able to present ideas for system improvements which may aid in the smooth running of the operations;
- Work closely with software suppliers and staff to identify requirements and needs;
- Produce detailed specifications and documentation;
- Refine data and format final product for accuracy;
- Foresee simple interrelationships between programs by identifying the strengths and weaknesses of such programs;
- Analyse thoroughly the performance of programs and act proactively to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users together with the approval of the supervisor;
- Confer with users to gain an understanding of any needed changes or modifications of existing programs;
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls;
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed as per Company standards;
- Assist departmental team members with any queries and/or problem-solving as necessary;
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential;
- Any other duties as may be necessary to support the IT Department from time to time.
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills;
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills;
- Holds a strong eye for detail and accuracy;
- Able to work under pressure whilst applying a good sense of assertiveness;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet changing deadlines;
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL servers and SSRS Reporting;
- Previous experience with company processes and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of C# is considered an asset;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience with Crystal Reports would be considered an asset;
- Basic knowledge of accounting would be considered an asset.
*The list of ‘Duties and Responsibilities’ appearing in this job description is neither necessarily exhaustive nor is any part of this job description permanent or immutable.
Alberta exudes passion and continually strives to assist people within its field of competence – fire, and security. The company’s hallmark has always been one of excellence, with an unerring and consistent benchmark. Whilst continually striving to get things done properly and with due diligence, client safety and security always comes first. Alberta designs and provides the protection which clients require and feels privileged to have played a key role in offering security to clients’ families, homes and businesses in Malta and internationally.