CCBill in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Software Architect
to join their team on a full-time basis.
We are setting up a new DevOps team to work on a Cloud Native initiative for phoenixNAP, a CCBill integration partner. The team will use the latest technologies, frameworks and approaches that merge development with operations to create the next generation platform for our customers that will allow them to run scalable applications in modern and dynamic environments including public, private and hybrid clouds.
PhoenixNAP, a CCBill integration partner, offers state-of-the-art data centre solutions including security-focused cloud services, dedicated servers, disaster recovery and backup services, as well as colocation and network solutions. Our steadily expanding global footprint currently includes services in Phoenix, Ashburn, Chicago, Atlanta, Amsterdam, Belgrade, and Singapore. As a global IaaS provider, we focus on leveraging newest technologies, providing excellence of service, and continuously developing new solutions to support our clients’ needs.
The main purpose of this position is with taking a company’s business strategy and then defining information technology systems architecture to support that strategy. The Software Architect
will assist business specialists and other architects to achieve strategic goals; participate in architect designs and development and apply various principles of enterprises architecture in new business procedures. The chosen candidate will provide strategic direction by performing future-oriented architectural research and creating new architectural concepts for various projects.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ability to design systems exhibiting flexibility, scalability, security, reliability, and maintainability; must understand tradeoffs of each;
- Must be able to master and keep abreast of the CCBill and Phoenix NAP architecture, and be able to successfully support future and current projects;
- Applies existing solutions and frameworks where applicable to fulfil new project requirements; favour integration over creation;
- When needed, designs new components to fulfil requirements and ensure that solution design is within the technical strategic direction; make recommendations for strategy change and improvement;
- Interacts with other business specialists, architects, team leads, quality assurance, and testing teams to collaborate on system designs to ensure successful project completion according to requirements and those solutions fit within enterprise product roadmaps;
- Responsible for learning new technologies and finding relevant applications in order to analyse their validity and disseminates valuable technology and application research and knowledge to department team members;
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources and develops recommendations based on analysis;
- Participates in analysis and design activities so as to produce a viable system design that fits within the overall system architecture whilst addressing all elicited requirements.
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline or related, relevant experience;
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills;
- Exceptional business and technical knowledge;
- Driven, creative and results oriented;
- Able to manage workload and abide to tight deadlines;
- Good programming language skills such as Java, GO, C#;
- Experience with distributed software systems and remote invocation technologies;
- Exposure to high volume, high-availability web applications;
- Awareness of Open Source community solutions and 3rd party solutions in the marketplace;
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language;
- Experience with Linux and MS Windows operating systems;
- Experience with database systems; preferably MySQL;
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB and Cassandra;
- Experience using version control systems; preferably GIT;
- Extensive experience with RESTful API and microservices;
- Extensive experience with agile development and DevOps methodology;
- Strong understanding of virtualization and container infrastructure technology;
- Mastery of written and spoken English.
*This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to the right candidate.
CCBill is a leading global payment processor and e-commerce provider. As one of the largest third-party payment processors, CCBill is much more than a payment processor. CCBill is an e-commerce platform that can provide expert support and empowerment to your expanding relationships. Whether it's through consistent on-time payouts, distinctive affiliate tools, or the comprehensive and proprietary set of account management options, CCBill understands the online business like few others and has been offering industry-leading solutions since 1998. Processing for more than a billion dollars in transactions each year, CCBill has reliable problem-solving techniques, phenomenal consumer support, and innovative solutions to support all markets. Specialties: Credit Card Processing, Payment Solutions, Subscriber Management, Global Billing, Affiliate Marketing, Automated Billing, Customer Service, Mobile Billing, Merchant Billing Processing, Fraud Protection, Credit Card Services, E-commerce, High-Risk Management, API, Payments-as-a-Service, Subscription Digital, Subscription Retail, and Billing Automation.