Apex Community Care Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit Carers to join their team on a full/part-time basis.
The applicant will be a member of the care team, ensuring that the caring needs of the residents/clients are maintained on a daily basis, while promoting the individual’s physical, psychological, emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
The ideal candidate is to have:
- Carry out daily activities such as washing, bathing, shaving, mouth hygiene, and changing bed linen;
- Assist with Dressing, undressing, and any grooming requirements, including the fitting of artificial limbs and sensory communication aids;
- Promote personal and physical independence by assisting in daily activities;
- Help maintain a stimulating and attractive environment and encourage recreational and in-door activities; To assist with toileting needs including continence training and care, using bedpans, commodes, or urine bottles when appropriate;
- Emptying and cleaning of the commode, disposing of diapers/incontinence pads and emptying of urine bags;
- Assist with problems of mobility including transfers, walking, bed mobility, and the use of mobility aids where appropriate;
- Ensure safe and appropriate use of aids (e.g. lifter, Zimmer frame) as instructed by the interdisciplinary team;
- Assist and supervise in the preparation of meals and ensuring that the meals are suitable for the individual’s diet and needs;
- Assist the client with eating and drinking and be able to identify abnormalities and difficulties with eating and drinking;
- Assist in the clearing of crockery, cutlery, and other utensils after dining;
- Prompt and supervise care recipient in taking medication as prescribed;
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all the care given during their visit;
- Maintain adequate communication with the care recipient, informal carers, and all stakeholders to ensure quality service levels are being achieved;
- Observing the care recipient’s weight, urine, feces, all body fluids, and any other vital signs;
- Monitoring and documenting the oral intake and output of the care recipient;
- Identifying breathing difficulties and abnormalities with bladder and bowel functions;
- Provide catheter care when needed;
- Reminding the care recipient to perform prescribed exercises in accordance with specialised advice;
- Assist care recipient to rest and sleep;
- Be ready to work flexible hours;
- Observe ethical issues.
- Minimum MQRIC Level 3 education in Care for the Elderly or equivalent;
- Clean police conduct;
- Proficiency in the English language. Ability to speak in the Maltese language would be considered an asset;
- Driving Licence B would be considered an asset;
- Ability to work flexibly.
Apex Community Care Ltd:
Apex Group Ltd was launched in 2012 as Apex Community Care Ltd, with the vision of being a one-stop-shop offering care services within the healthcare industry by providing excellent holistic and professional care to meet all its clients’ requirements. Apex Community Care has qualified general practitioners and physicians, state registered nurses, carers, babysitters and child carers who can attend to a variety of care needs. Our specialisation lies in community care services, respite care, palliative care, management of elderly homes, home nursing services, industrial/occupational health clinic management, phlebotomy and vaccine administration services, medical doctors for sickness verification, port screening, and as well as babysitting and childminding.
- Customer-care oriented;
- Communicates effectively;
- Delivers excellence;
- Builds relationships;
- Team player;
- Plans and organises;
- Monitors and measures;
- Reports information.