Within this Quality Control Officer (temporary) position you will be forming part of the company's Department of Operations. Your main duties will include :
- Ensure consistency in and quality of the processing of applications for international protection by the agency's Caseworkers in line with detailed SOPs and EU asylum acquis
- Provide second-tier guidance to the agency's Caseworkers and team leaders conducting interviews with applicants for international protection and on preparing opinions on applications
- Keep updated of and implement all developments in guidance, quality feedback, SOPs timely flag shortcomings and inconsistencies as well as propose improvements and solutions
- Liaise with the Department of Asylum Support and Department of Operations for the implementation of his/her tasks
- If required in case of extreme workload/absences, work as a member of an international team of experts on the processing of applications for international protection following the detailed SOPs and EU asylum acquis
- Provide or contribute to training, workshops and meetings related to quality issues in the processing of applications for international protection
Education and Experience
- University Degree is required, preferably in the field of Law, Political, Humanitarian and/or Social Studies
- Relevant post-graduate degree will be considered an asset
- Previous experience of at least 3 years of as asylum Caseworker is required both in conductions interviews for refugee status determination and in preparing the respective decisions/opinions/recommendations
- Experience in vulnerability and exclusion procedures, especially in the Maltese context will be considered an asset
- Professional fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Very good understanding of the Maltese migration and asylum context
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications and use of the internet and web-based applications
- Excellent intercultural and interdisciplinary communication skills
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of a team
This Quality Control Officer (temporary) position is with an established International Company based in Malta.
Given the current situation, kindly note that we are experiencing some delays from employers in their recruitment plans. However, rest assured we are working closely with them to make sure we create the relevant pipeline of candidates for when the time is right. Should you be interested in this vacancy, we encourage you to apply above and would like to thank you in advance for your time, patience and understanding throughout this recruitment process.
For this particular role, the use of Europass CV is highly suggested.
Job Reference: BV017