Inspire Foundation in Malta is looking to recruit a Care Worker
to join the STAR 25 Programme on a part-time fixed schedule of 25 hours a week.
Daily Assistance to Clients:
Liaison with therapists:
- Assisting clients in their daily participation of activities while ensuring their active engagement to the best of their potential;
- Caring for the clients during the provision of services in all possible aspects, including:
- Daily feeding needs;
- Hygiene aspects, assistance with toileting and changing;
- Assistance with moving and transferring;
- Carrying out activities as prescribed by therapists in the pool and gym with the clients according to their individual needs programme;
- Assistance during animal interaction and therapeutic horseback riding;
- Offering activities as prescribed by therapists in the multisensory rooms;
- Assistance during vocational training where appropriate;
- Carrying out of transport supervision according to the exigencies of the programme.
- The Care Worker is expected to follow therapists’ recommendations depending on the needs of each individual client.
Delivery of Sessions:
- Come up with innovative ideas that involve clients in creativity sessions;
- The Care Worker will be asked to conduct sessions in small groups according to the modules as planned;
- The Care Worker is expected to assist clients in the participation of sessions according to the modules as planned.
- The Care Worker will be required to fill in provided attendance sheets and checklists that monitor participation and progress;
- Attend meeting with parents and significant others as required;
The post holder will be required:
- Employees are expected to show an active interest in improving themselves by attending training provided inhouse as well as outside of Inspire;
- Employees are expected to act as role models through the way they speak, act, dress and behave
- All clients and their parents are to be treated with respect and dignity irrespective of colour/age/religion/race or disability;
- The good working relationship between staff and parent is expected at all time.
- To undertake any other duties which may be allocated by their line manager within the general scope of the post & appropriate to the grade;
- It is the responsibility of all Inspire employees to ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with ‘best practice’ risk management;
- All employees are expected to observe Inspires’ Equal Opportunities Policy in their behaviour to clients, the public & colleagues;
- To inform their line manager of any safety issues that could affect them or others in the workplace & to co-operate with management at all times in achieving safer work processes & workplaces, particularly where it impacts on others;
- To inform the (Data Protection Officer) DPO of any potential data breach.
Inspire provides a holistic range of services and programmes to children and adults with a disability.
- Possess an MQF Level 4 or 5 or equivalent level of education, or;
- 1 years’ experience working in the field of childcare or disability.