Hospice Malta is looking to recruit a Social Worker
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Hospice Social Worker
will be part of a dedicated interdisciplinary team of professionals providing Palliative Care to patients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan and implement individualized patient/family care plans;
- Maintain appropriate and updated records of all sessions;
- Liaise with and refer to other professionals or agencies when necessary;
- Attend and take part in interdisciplinary team meetings;
- Promote awareness of palliative care;
- Coordinate and supervise services related to the social work aspect.
Hospice Malta is a voluntary organisation inspired by Christian values. It exists to provide and promote the highest standards of Palliative care for persons with cancer, motor neurone disease, end of life respiratory, cardiac, renal and liver disease. It also aims to help and support their families.
- A Social Work qualification;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Able to provide emotional and social support to patients and their family;
- Proficient use of written and verbal (Maltese and English) communication skills;
- Able to work effectively on their own as well as within the team;
- Effective time management skills.