Id-Dar tal-Providenza in Malta is looking to recruit Support Workers for Persons with Disability
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The scope of position:
Need for the position:
- The main tasks are all geared towards the overall care of the person/s with a disability as mentioned in (4) below;
- The role also has tasks such as other interactions with disabled persons by providing recreational activities.
Dar tal-Providenza is a residence hosting 115 persons with disability. The Support workers are the backbone of the work carried out as they accompany the residents of the home on 24 hours duties, throughout all the phases of their stay at the home, which is usually until their parting to eternal life.
- Changing nappies;
- Handling transfer from wheelchair to bed and vice versa;
- Accompanying them to hospital appointments.
Minimum education qualifications:
- Certification in care work.
Id-Dar tal-Providenza was founded by Mons. Michael Azzopardi in 1965 with the aim of offering a home with a warm and family-like environment for persons with disabilities who for some reason or another cannot stay living with their family. Since than Id-Dar tal-Providenza has supported its residents to participate in and enjoy the quality of life within the community.
- Gross monthly wage: €955.00;
- Hours of work/week: 40 hours per week;
- Duration of contract: indefinite.