Full-Time Support Workers External Call: SAPP/2019/05/EXT/A
Jobsplus Permit Number: 363/2017
Aġenzija Sapport in Malta is looking to recruit full-time Support Workers
on an indefinite contract basis to join their team. Selected candidates may be deployed to any service offered by the Agency in accordance with its exigencies. Support Workers
form part of a team that assists service users in all their day-to-day needs so as to enable service users to achieve their optimum potential in enhancing their quality of life through the development of skills.
Support Workers shall be involved in:
Eligible candidates must meet one of the criteria mentioned below:
- Frontline duties and will be required to work directly with clients with challenging behaviour;
- Selected candidates are expected to conduct their interventions in a variety of settings which may include the community, day services and also residential services. Placement for the Support Workers shall be affected according to the needs and exigencies of the organisation;
- These opportunities may require the person to work on a shift basis which could include morning, afternoon and night shifts, and also includes weekends and public holidays.
- A recognised qualification at MQF Level 3 or higher (minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET) in the health and social sector (eg. MCAST Diploma in Care); OR
- A recognised qualification or award at MQF Level 3 in the health and social care sector or a related and relevant field, together with a minimum of two (2) years formal and relevant work experience as a Support / Care Worker; OR
- Three (3) years relevant work experience as a Support/Care Worker in the fields of disability, mental health or a relevant social sector, one (1) year (equivalent to full-time) of which may be in the voluntary sector. This needs to be supported by a formal letter from the entity and needs to be related to the disability and/or mental health sector.
Applicants must be able to communicate both in Maltese and English to the benefit of the service user. Moreover, applicants with a valid driving licence shall be given preference, since driving duties are an important part of the Support Worker’s role. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. A recognition statement issued by the NCFHE on comparability of qualifications is to be produced in case of foreign qualifications.
Interested individuals are to submit the following documents by the closing date:
- An application form (filled in / downloaded from the Agency’s website);
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of the pertinent qualifications;
- One (1) reference letter;
- Original police conduct collected in the last three (3) months prior to applying for this vacancy;
- Official proof of work experience (such as a Job History Sheet from Jobsplus/reference letter).
- A number of other attractive allowances are also attached to this post.
Disclaimer: Applicants are to apply in terms of the full call for applications as available on the Agency’s website (www.sapport.gov.mt). The Agency will not process incomplete applications. Kindly note that in line with Maltese employment legislation, preference will be given to Maltese and EU nationals. Applications from non-EU nationals will only be considered if the selection process of the Maltese and EU nationals is not successful and if the applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
Aġenzija Sapport is committed to enhancing the quality of life of persons with disability through innovative personalised support, expertise, and advocacy. Aġenzija Sapport is an equal opportunities employer and strives to recruit employees who have the right knowledge, skills and attitudes for the various job opportunities that arise within the Agency.