STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd is looking to recruit an Environment, Health, Safety & Security Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
ST Microelectronics strives to ensure all employees are well taken care of and to safeguard our environment. The individual who will take up this position shall be an experienced manager who is looking for an interesting challenge.
The duties that the job holder shall be responsible for shall include:
- Ensuring compliance to local and EU legislation and Company requirements in relation to Environment, Health, Safety, and Security;
- Maintaining a high standard of Environment, Health, Safety, and Security in the ST Malta Plant;
- Implementing in a cost-effective and timely manner the organizational and corporate initiatives related to EHS&S;
- Safeguarding the health, safety, and security of all personnel in the Plant, whilst ensuring that the Plant’s processes are safe for the environment and the surrounding community;
- Maintaining awareness amongst all personnel working in the ST Plant (including subcontractors) and promoting adherence to all environment, health, safety, and security regulations and procedures;
- Leading the EHS&S team to achieve the plant’s EHS&S objectives.
The ideal candidate shall possess the below skills and qualification/s:
STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd:
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented. The Company has served more than 100,000 customers worldwide.
- A Degree/Masters in Management and strong managerial skills;
- A qualification in Health and Safety (considered an asset);
- 5 years of working experience in a similar role;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to explain EHS&S processes to a range of people and carry out group presentations;
- The ability to convince managers to implement and maintain EHS&S standards;
- A collaborative and flexible approach to work;
- The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately;
- Ability to use O365 tools for digitization and automated reporting;
- An investigative mind and capable of working on multiple tasks, being proactive, and seeking new ways on how to optimize processes;
- The ability and pedagogical aptitude to learn and teach;
- Attention to detail;
- Very good knowledge of health, safety, and environmental legislation to understand and implement both local and EU regulations.