G3 Group in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician Shift-Leader to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Head of Maintenance, this position's primary responsibility is that of ensuring the achievement of high maintenance and restoration standards in guests’ rooms, public areas and employee quarters, especially but not exclusively when it comes to the technical aspect. The schedule is based on a roster schedule and may include working evening shifts and on stand-by.
The Maintenance Technician Shift-Leader is primarily responsible for the daily activities of the Hotel in question including the adherence of the full SOPs set, with the aim of meeting and exceeding organizational goals within the Maintenance Department. In the absence of the Head of Maintenance, the Maintenance Technician takes full responsibility for the department.
Areas of Responsibility:
G3 is a hotel management company running The Pergola Hotel & Spa and The Solana Hotel & Spa in Mellieħa, at the North of Malta. In the hotel industry since 1982, we have developed a style of management that makes the best use of a strong sense of family. We believe in trust, autonomy, availability and attention to detail, ensuring that each member of our team and each guest feel our deep care. We run a compact yet steadily growing operation that combines long-term vision with regular projects that provide bursts of intense activity; keeping everyone motivated and on their toes. With a new generation of directors at the helm, the company marries the benefits of being grounded in many years of past experience to those brought in by a young and energetic team with an attitude of openness to new perspectives.
- Complying with the organization’s standards and statutory health & safety regulations;
- To provide excellent customer care, respond effectively to guests’ queries and requests and maintain a homely, warm and safe sense of ambience within rooms and public areas;
- Interacts positively with the rest of the team and liaises directly with the line manager;
- Maintains a confident and mature approach, while practising tact and diplomacy;
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as determined by both the line manager and organisational needs, while providing an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching;
- The efficient standard Maintenance procedures and their execution by the Team;
- Maintains service quality standards, by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints;
- Assists in motivating the Team in applying excellent standards of customer care, on-going and preventive maintenance and acting professionally at all times, while identifies requirements for training;
- Provides a two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with an emphasis on motivation and teamwork;
- Controls the department’s expenditure hand-in-hand with the Head of Maintenance on issues such as electricity consumption, product usage, adhering to schedules.