AX Head Office in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
To perform routine and preventative maintenance and minor repairs on AX Group properties falling within the remit of the Estates Department, including maintenance of utility systems under the general guidance and supervision of the Estates Department Manager.
- To liaise with the Estates Manager regarding the daily work orders and prioritize accordingly;
- Adhere to efficient preventative maintenance procedures and attend to maintenance requirements from tenants and colleagues in a timely manner;
- Perform routine inspections of AX Group property, as well as general building repairs and replacements of any fixtures, fittings, and equipment;
- Assist the Estates Manager with the design of preventive maintenance programs as required;
- Show initiative and foresight to undertake tasks outlined within the preventative maintenance program without the direction of the Estates Manager;
- Provide advice and recommendations on improvement, maintenance, and upkeep of AX Group properties inspected;
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required by the Estates Manager;
- Attend to requests from other departments regarding minor maintenance issues throughout the daily work schedule;
- To attend and investigate faults and breakdowns of building services, equipment, installations, appliances, etc;
- Assist in the renovation/remodeling of buildings, repairs, plastering, and painting as required;
- Oversee maintenance work carried out by subcontractors on AX Group property;
- To keep proper and timely records of all works carried out through electronic means;
- Ensuring total safety at the location where works are being carried out, particularly during repairs and modifications;
- Ensure that all tools and equipment provided are kept in good working order;
- Ensure company vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in generally good order;
- To perform any further duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Able to work independently with a hard-working attitude;
- Be able to work flexibly in accordance to work exigencies and change in priorities;
- Basic knowledge of standard computer tools;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Maltese;
- Valid Driving Licence.
The AX Group of companies is a conglomerate operating in four key business sectors, Construction, Development, Healthcare, and Hospitality. The Group was established 44 years ago by Angelo Xuereb initially in the Construction industry but rapidly the Group diversified into the development and hospitality industries and later into the healthcare sector. The AX Group is owned by the Xuereb family with the second generation actively involved in the business. The Group has an independent board of directors and is well-governed and managed. AX Group subsidiaries have been listed on the Malta Stock Exchange since 1997.