One of our clients within the services industry in Malta is seeking to recruit a full-time Health and Safety Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Ensure that all health and safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated to meet all statutory obligations;
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations;
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented;
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities;
- Co-Ordinate the development of health and safety policies, systems of work and procedures;
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety records are maintained;
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant Health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business;
- Respond to employees’ safety concerns.
- 3+ years experience in Health & Safety;
- Diploma/Degree in health and safety or Environmental Science;
- Preference will be given to candidates with NEBOSH Certification and who are registered with OHSA;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Knowledge of Maltese would be an asset.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Problem solving skills with a can-do attitude;
- Excellent planning, organisation & time-management;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.