Job Vacancy: Health and Safety Coordinator
Job Reference: HASCMT0620JIM
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their facilities team on a full-time basis at their offices based in Malta. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, and will be responsible for all aspects of health and safety within the Business. You will identify potential health and safety risks and make recommendations for improvement to achieve and maintain compliance with Company policies and relevant health and safety legislation. You will also be responsible for reviewing risk and method statements for in-house activities and contractor work.
As part of the role, you will be expected to complete an annual program of health and safety audits and spot checks to ensure that the Company’s health and safety policies and OHSA regulations are achieved at all times. Also, as part of the Facilities team, you will be supporting in the day-to-day facilities business requirements. You will be expected to work any five days from seven, working hours will vary as well as providing cover as part of an on call rota.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, and Experiences:
- Coordinating health and safety training to ensure that all legal requirements and Company needs are achieved;
- Ensuring accidents are recorded and reported to the Facilities Manager;
- Ensuring a continuously risk free environment;
- Ensuring that all employees, contractors, and visitors are adhering with bet365 polices and OHSA legislations in terms of access, security, and health and safety;
- Ensuring that all equipment related to health and safety is kept up to date;
- Carrying out risk assessments and ensuring that the Company meets its health and safety legal requirements;
- Keeping up to date with health and safety legislations and communicating any changes to the Facilities Manager;
- Providing regular reports and other relevant duties as required;
- Coordinating orders and invoices.
bet365, one of the world's leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. Established by Denise Coates CBE in 2001, we have rapidly grown into a global operation employing over 4,300 people and deliver an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages. Initially, we began by offering online Sports betting but with forwarding thinking leadership we chose to focus our attention on In-Play betting. The gamble paid off and enabled us to forge our market-leading position. In-Play has been fundamental to our success and remains the cornerstone of a business which, in 2017/18, saw £52.6 billion taken in Sports wagers with up to 2 million markets on site at any one time. Our game-changing In-Play betting product and comprehensive sports Live Streaming service covering 140,000 events a year are complemented by our offerings in Casino, Poker, Games, Vegas and Bingo. Innovation continues to be our lifeblood and we pride ourselves on the standards of customer service we deliver. Driven by a shared vision to be the best in our industry, a technology team in excess of 1,000 people work in-house to provide the technological advances that enable us to maintain our leadership position. Giving our teams the freedom to innovate is essential to our success. Our award-winning business has worked hard to cultivate a culture of creativity where good ideas and a techno entrepreneurial attitude are encouraged and rewarded. Today we continue to push technological boundaries and break new ground in software innovation.
- HND or HNC in health and safety or relevant qualifications in health and safety;
- Extensive experience in a similar role from a practical and administrative perspective;
- Possession of a strong knowledge on occupational health and safety legal requirements and practices;
- Experience in dealing with a variety of stakeholders, contractors, and employees to ensure that they have the required awareness to comply with the Company health and safety policies and OHSA regulations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, good written, and verbal communication skills;
- Possession of a valid driving license.