Michael Debono Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Technician
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will provide clients with a high level of technical expert advice, diagnose symptoms and finally, carry out repairs as required.
The company today operates one of Malta’s largest automotive dealerships. It represents more than 9 OEM brands. First and foremost, of these is Toyota – which was the first OEM brand we started to build a relationship with way back in 1960 when we imported the first Toyota vehicle to Europe. The company and employs more than 130 multi-disciplined employees. The product offering is composed of passenger and commercial vehicles, motorbikes, vehicle parts and accessories, and aftersales services. The company also offers consumers a range of consumer finance solutions to fund the acquisition of their vehicles. Moving forward the company is looking to enhance the mobility experience for each and every customer by delivering great products that are customizable, affordable, comfortable and environment-friendly. We aim to support our customers both through their personal and professional needs.
MDL is part of the part Debono Group, a multifaceted group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector. The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of consumers.
Reporting to the Service and Bodyshop Manager, the Technician will be responsible for:
- Issuing quotations, confirming symptoms and confirming resolution with the customer;
- Carrying out basic and complex services;
- Carrying out general mechanical repair works;
- Providing multiple solutions to persistent, challenging issues;
- Handling quality checks before vehicles are checked out;
- Test-driving vehicles and testing components and systems using diagnostic tools and special service equipment;
- Recording works which have been carried out and parts which needed to be replaced as well as additional requirements on job cards; explaining in writing why client requirements could not be accomplished; translating technical jargon into explanations which are easily understood in layman terms;
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This post calls for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual able to work smoothly in a team. S/he will also be able to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
The preferred candidate should possess:
Michael Debono Ltd:
Established in 1960, Michael Debono Ltd is Malta's exclusive representative of the world's leading car manufacturer, Toyota. From day one, since distributing the first Toyota in Europe, our foremost objective has been to offer complete customer satisfaction to all our customers. This has enabled us to build strong relationships and a loyal database of valued customers, supporting our rapid expansion over the years, where we have extended our range of aftersales facilities to meet our all of our customers’ auto-related needs. Specialities: Toyota Cars, Quality Used Cars, Genuine Car Parts, Body Repairs and Servicing.
- MCAST Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (MQF Level 4) or equivalent;
- At least 2 years’ experience of all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance;
- Skills for customer care and complaint handling;
- Ability to sell to customers;
- Clean police conduct;
- Valid driving license.