Saint James Hospital in Malta is looking to recruit a General Maintenance Technician on a full-time basis.
The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining our facilities. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with our users. Your goal will be to ensure that our facilities run smoothly and efficiently and to assist in the day to day tasks..
Key Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment;
- Performing preventative maintenance;
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance;
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary;
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them;
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary;
- Preparing drywall for paints and applying tape and texture to it;
- Coordinating with colleagues to provide support;
- Evaluating property for any damage and assisting in removing walls;
- Ensuring that the work area is kept neat and clean;
- Ability to mix paints to obtain appropriate colour;
- Installing required signs on property;
- Reviewing equipment to ensure compliance with safety regulations;
- Monitoring equipment inventory.
Saint James Hospital:
Saint James Hospital Group is Malta's leading Private Health Care Group with over 30 years of experience in the Medical Field. A professional workforce, medical expertise, customer satisfaction and the latest technology are our driving forces. These are backed by our core values which are: Passion for Excellence; Mutual Respect; Personal Responsibility and Teamwork.
- Proven maintenance experience;
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools;
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts;
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogues, as necessary;
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches;
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices;
- Experience performing routine maintenance;
- Strong organisational and follow up skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Professional presentation and attitude;
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative;
- Time management skills;
- Electrical skills and certification (License A + B) will be considered as an asset.