Our client in Malta is looking to recruit skilled Welders to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will cut and join metals and other materials at the client's facilities or construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
A Welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures;
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements;
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements);
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded;
- Align components using calipers, rulers, etc. and clamp pieces;
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead);
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps;
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws;
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Professional Certification 6G License would be a plus;
- Proven experience as a welder;
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures;
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, callipers, etc.);
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings;
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves, etc.);
- Deftness and attention to detail;
- Proficient in English.