Melita Ltd, Malta is looking to recruit a Line Technician (Shift Basis)
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Line Technician
will be responsible for performing maintenance on all aspects of Melita’s outdoor infrastructure, which includes troubleshooting and working on new and existing installations and equipment.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications/skills:
- Be able to work on a shift basis;
- Troubleshooting on external infrastructure;
- Configuration and setting of HFC network equipment;
- Installation and splicing of coaxial and fibre optic cables.
Melita is a diversified and advanced quadruple-play cable operator offering converged telecommunications services. Melita offers IP based digital cable TV, broadband Internet, fixed-line telephony, and mobile voice and data services. It also owns and operates an undersea submarine optical fibre cable; a co-location data centre built to Tier 3 specifications as well as a next-generation Wi-Fi service across the Maltese islands. Melita’s successful development since its launch in 1992 is evidenced by the presence of at least one of its services in 75% of all households in Malta.
- Technician level qualification;
- Be a dedicated team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be able and willing to work at heights and in all weather conditions;
- Possess a valid driving license;
- Have good computer skills.