Paragon Europe in Malta is looking to recruit a full-time Health and Safety Officer for one of their clients who is a leader in the services industry.
Responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted. Plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that group is required or chooses to follow, and work to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory and compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more. We assist these organisations with the sourcing and implementation of EU funded projects and tailor our services to each individual requirement ensuring positive results every time. Besides advising public and private organisations on EU funding, Paragon staff also assist good organisations to become great through business and financial advice.
- To develop, and monitor occupational health and safety policy, programs, and procedures;
- Assist the company in complying with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of shareholders;
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization;
- Investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to the appropriate senior management, and to assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial damage;
- Investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to the senior management and/or other appropriate senior staff;
- Respond to employees’ safety concerns;
- Conduct, as necessary, the safety inspection;
- Assist the group’s joint occupational health & safety committees;
- Respond to fires and other emergencies on or about the company property;
- Coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste;
- Arrange for occupational health and safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants as may be necessary;
- To act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies;
- To coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, workplace inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in the group’s facilities;
- Develop, review, and update appropriate sections of the Emergency Procedures Manual;
- To liaise with the fire department regarding emergency procedures, communications and fire safety education programs.