BigMat in Malta is looking to recruit a Shop Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Shop Manager
will manage the retail store and its day-to-day operation. Develops store strategies to raise customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimise profitability. Meets sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store employees. Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction through the provision of excellent service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Negotiating continuously with suppliers and also with clients;
- Managing customer discounts, deliveries and handling aftersales and customer complaints;
- Set sales targets for the team and keep track of sales performance and reach sales targets;
- Coaching and keeping your team motivated at all times;
- Supporting in scheduling and monitoring of regular stock take to reduce overstocking;
- Supervising the positioning and display of products and mix and control min/max stacking in the shop;
- Communicating between the shop and the support departments such as purchasing, Information technology, Stores and Accounts;
- Monitoring budgets while reducing operational costs;
- Controlling recruitment, training, pay structures, management of supervisors and their staff, security and cleaning while carrying our performance reviews;
- Generating innovative ideas to increase business results.
Education & Licenses required:
- Work 40 hours a week;
- Working during evenings, weekends and public holidays may also be required during the festive season and sales period;
- Duties require one to spend time both in the shop and in an office.
- Previous experience in the retail sector is a requirement;
- On-the-job training is usually offered by the employer.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- An understanding of business accounting and finance;
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Maltese and English;
- Possess a positive attitude, self-motivated and proactive having good leadership skills;
- Efficient and goal oriented.
Big Mat Malta is the latest outlet to be opened as part of the first international chain of independent traders for construction materials. Created by the heads of companies close to their professional clients in 1981, BigMat has since shared the same values of being anchored locally and having a human dimension as the strength behind building SMEs. BigMat offers construction professionals and large-scale DIYers a range of high-quality building materials for new builds and refurbishment, acting as the main link in the professional ladder between the manufacturer and the end client. With over 820 sales outlets in Europe and a desire to grow sustainably in several countries, BigMat represents an unstoppable force in the construction materials market. It was founded in 1981 and up to 2013 had reached 415 members with 831 outlets in countries including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, Slovakia and now, Malta. In Malta BigMat, owned and operated by Attard Bros Group is taking its product offering to new levels and extending its portfolio to meet the needs of the Maltese household owner who wants to enjoy the satisfaction of doing things at home himself with the right equipment and materials.
- We adopt an open door communication approach;
- We have a Calendar of Social Events;
- We offer discounts from our BigMat DIY Store;
- We have a parking facility.