One of our clients in the manufacturing industry in Malta is seeking to recruit a Shift Technician to join their team on a full-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure line effectiveness making interventions when needed;
- Monitor line performance through a collection of KPIs, continuously seeking improvements to increase effectiveness and efficiency;
- Compile shift hand over and follow up on a daily basis all the repairs carried out;
- Compile the interventions logs, maintenance works and ensure that these are followed;
- Assist in the planning and actuation of Preventive Maintenance works;
- Keep abreast with all industrial automation equipment and work methods;
- Update the maintenance procedures, inventory and preventive maintenance plans with the procurement or write-off of equipment;
- Ensure that any spare parts required to service and/or repair machinery and ancillaries are always ordered and in stock;
- Ensure that vital stock items kept in Automation Maintenance Department are stocked in the required levels and make internal orders;
- Keep the workplace with 5S standards;
- Liaise with all other services departments thus ensuring that machinery and ancillaries are in safe working order;
- Perform other maintenance jobs that are assigned as agreed with management;
- Assist technically other departments according to production requirements;
- Providing training to other employees when necessary.
- Capable to work under pressure and independently;
- Flexible to respond to production needs;
- Effective leadership skills;
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Qualified Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechatronics technician with a BTEC Higher National Diploma/ HTD Level or other internationally recognized qualifications at MQF level 4 or higher;
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role in the manufacturing industry;
- Ability to read schematic diagrams;
- Competence in diagnostics and advanced repair skills;
- Knowledgeable in the use of programmable logic controllers;
- Wireman licenses A & B will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Total Preventive Maintenance will be considered an asset;
- Willing to work on a 3-shift basis.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.