InterContinental Malta is currently looking to recruit a Shift Technician to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Candidates applying must be residing in Malta and have a valid work permit.
The Shift Technician will perform a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in order to keep the outlets and their respective kitchens in compliance. The candidate will work easily in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic attitude to make a difference in everything they do. We are inviting positive, self-assured, and professional persons with a really approachable manner to apply for this position. You must be a committed and dedicated individual who takes pride in going above and beyond to delivering exceptional quality service.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Must have the following requirements:
- Maintaining the basic upkeep of all kitchen areas by ensuring all appliances and electrical equipment such as refrigerators, ovens, HVACs and light fixtures are in working order;
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary;
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment;
- Maintain the heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality;
- Perform preventive maintenance as per schedule;
- Report major repair needs to the Cluster Maintenance Manager;
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free;
- Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed;
- Other duties as assigned by the Cluster Maintenance Manager.
Situated in the exclusive beachside resort of St Julian's, InterContinental Malta is just seven kilometres from Valletta, Malta's capital city, and within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping and entertainment locations. Unwind by our lagoon styled outdoor pool, or simply enjoy a day at our private sandy beach
- HVAC and refrigeration certification NQF level 4 or equivalent;
- Electrical licence A and B will be an asset;
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods;
- Must be able to work at his own initiative and within a team;
- The candidate will be required to work different shifts, weekends, and/or holidays.