eCabs Company Limited in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Systems Administrator
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Senior Systems Administrator
will be responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the company’s corporate IT infrastructure by providing hands-on pro-active server, desktop and telecom administration. In the event of a disruption, this role is vital to the restoration of services to minimize downtime by providing the necessary technical support.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Plans deploy, configures and maintains desktops, peripherals, operating systems, standard and custom desktop applications in the production environment in accordance with the change management process;
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse;
- Ensures the stable operation, availability, reliability and serviceability of the Company’s windows server, desktop and network environment;
- Ensures minimum downtime and optimal performance through proactive planning, tuning, troubleshooting, forensics and monitoring;
- Manage, administrate and support Windows servers and their associated software and hardware;
- Analyse and provide timely resolution to end-user software incidents and connectivity issues while adhering to business aligned service level objectives;
- Provide setup and support for all users’ hardware and software requirements within the business office;
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging existing technologies;
- Collaborate with third party contractors to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes;
- Perform server and system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies;
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications;
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems;
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights;
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
eCabs Company Limited:
eCabs is Malta’s leading minicab company with vehicles and people carriers dotting the Island ready to service requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call or book online and you’ll have one of our distinguishable black cabs in no time. Renowned for our outstanding customer service, we offer low to pick up time frames from any point in Malta.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Demonstrated experience installing, maintaining, operating, tuning and troubleshooting complex operating systems and applications in a heterogeneous high-volume environment;
- General knowledge of 3CX phone systems and Cisco network equipment, routers and switches. Good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher-level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP are important;
- Mikrotik / Ubiquiti / Cisco SMB experience would be considered an asset;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure support environment with changing priorities, striving to deliver exceptional customer service;
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.