Environment Resources Authority in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Procurement)
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Senior Officer (Procurement)
is responsible to support the superior in various Administrative duties, ensuring that the overall operations are carried out effectively and efficiently in accordance with any applicable policies, and approved business plans and in liaison with the line superior in particular to:
Job Entry Requirements/Qualifications:
- Develop and implement all the necessary procurement policies to provide a transparent and best value procurement environment within the Authority;
- Keep abreast with relevant public procurement developments in both national and international fields including legislations, policies, procedures and Green Public Procurement issues;
- Coordinate and oversee the entire procurement process, and ensure overall transparency and efficiency;
- Ensure that all procurement is aligned with the Authority’s processes;
- Carry out market research and perform consultations with contractors, bidders, suppliers throughout the procurement process;
- Formulate and issue a call for tenders in liaison with Management, and carry out market research when necessary;
- Ensure that the Authority sources the most cost-effective goods and services with minimal spending costs through effective negotiations;
- Analyze, negotiate and draft contractual agreements to ensure appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of the Authority;
- Perform post-contract evaluations, create and maintain procurement records, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data;
- Ensure that purchases are in line with the Authority’s approved mechanisms including the receipt of goods and services for proper accountability and traceability;
- Manage and up-keep proper stock systems to ensure availability of stocks including operations support to the respective employees of the Authority;
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery schedules of the procured services and supplies;
- Monitor works and services carried out by the service providers as instructed from time to time by the superior;
- Monitor, analyze, report and recommend on the overall supply chain requirements and performance;
- Coordinate tender opening sessions and form part of tender evaluation committees as required and other pertinent assignments;
- Administer procurement systems to ensure that data is continuously updated, available and reliable to the respective employees within the Authority;
- Monitor and review progress of goods and services, contractual agreements and initiate invoices for approval and payments; and
- Provide training and continuous support to employees in the Public Procurement and conduct any other administrative duties as instructed by a superior.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MQF Level 6) with a minimum total of 180 ECTS in any of the following subjects: Business Studies, General Management or comparable qualification as recognized by NCHFE;
- Alternatively, in case of no first Degree, a Master’s Degree (MQF Level 7) with a minimum total of 90 ECTS credits in any of the following subjects: Business Studies, General Management or comparable qualification as recognized by NCHFE;
- This particular job specification requires the candidate to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in Maltese, therefore a minimum ‘O’Level in Maltese is required;
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of post-graduate relevant experience in procurement.
*In case of foreign qualifications, a recognition certificate from NCFHE is to be submitted for the application to be taken into consideration.
Interested candidates are advised to submit their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of their qualifications by noon of Monday 02 November 2020 (CET).
Environment & Resources Authority:
The Environment and Resources Authority shall safeguard the environment to achieve a sustainable quality of life. As the national regulator on the environment, we shall also maintain consultation with stakeholders so as to promote and instill sound environmental management.