Environment Resources Authority in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Legal)
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*jobsinmalta.com would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, Environment Resources Authority is carrying out online interviews and the selected candidate will be set up to work remotely until the offices reopen.
In the role of Senior Officer Legal
Affairs, the Officer is responsible to assist the employees of the Authority in the management of the functions and deliverables under the area of responsibility in line with the aims and objectives of the Authority.
The Senior Officer Legal shall be responsible for all legal matters pertaining to the Authority, in particular to:
Job Entry Requirements/Qualifications:
- Provide the necessary legal advice during the negotiation process on national and International proposed legislation, implementation of existing legislation and on replies including replies to the EU Commission in relation to infringement proceedings, representations during domestic and international meetings as may be required;
- Carry out legal vetting and translation of laws, directives and regulations and amendments;
- Assist in the drafting and vetting of any communication, authorizations and instructions issued by the Authority;
- Drafting and vetting of any contracts, agreements and other legal instruments entered into by the Authority;
- Assist and support the Authority on the ratification of multilateral environment agreements;
- Provide the necessary legal advice in relation to bilateral work with other entities, authorities in the public sector, EU and International networks;
- Prepare, assist and follow-up and act as a counsel on any particular prosecutions and legal proceedings;
- Provide legal advice on any legal matters or policy to the Authority as instruct by Chairman, Board Members, Chief Executive Officer and Authority Director’s and their delegates;
- Prepare and submit reports that are in relation to the Legal aspects; and
- Manage the Legal aspects and ensure that the legal positions of the Authority and of the Government are adequately respected and represented.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MQF Level 6) with a minimum total of 180 ECTS as recognized by NCHFE in Law and a valid warrant to practice as an Advocate in the Courts of Malta and Gozo;
- This particular job specification requires the candidate to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in Maltese, therefore a minimum ‘O’Level in Maltese is required.
- A minimum of 3 years post-graduate relevant experience; and
- Knowledge in Environment and EU Law will be considered as an asset.
*In case of foreign qualifications, a recognition certificate from NCFHE is to be submitted for the application to be taken into consideration.
Interested candidates are advised to submit their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of their qualifications by noon of Friday, 10th July 2020, (CET).
Environment & Resources Authority:
The Environment and Resources Authority shall safeguard the environment to achieve a sustainable quality of life. As the national regulator on the environment, we shall also maintain consultation with stakeholders so as to promote and instill sound environmental management.