Job Vacancy: Senior Manager within Data Management and Business Intelligence within the business intelligence team.
About Data Management and Business Intelligence:
The Data Management and Business Intelligence function are responsible to assist and support management and other operational employees make better and more informed business decisions. The function will aid to cut costs, identify new business opportunities, and spot inefficient business processes.
The selected candidate shall report to the Head of the function and shall be responsible to assist with the alignment of the Data Management and Business Intelligence strategy.
- Designs, develops, deploys, documents, maintains and supports MFSA’s data warehouse and BI layer under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Data Management. This includes developing, extending and maintaining dimensional database schemas, and developing, implementing and maintaining extract-transform-load (ETL) processes, ensuring that data integrity standards are met;
- Manages a small team of Data Warehouse and BI professionals;
- Improves ongoing Due Diligence Intelligence for supervisory teams leveraging internal and external data and automating related tasks in supervisory processes;
- Resolves data incompatibilities between and among data sources to produce a consolidated set of data that uses consistent naming rules and observes consistent data definitions;
- Creates, publishes and maintains data dictionaries and metadata;
- Improves regulatory reporting efficiency;
- Serves as a resource for supervisory functions and staff providing research, consultation, ad hoc reporting, and troubleshooting as required, thereby provided Business Intelligence as a service to supervisory teams;
- Works in close collaboration with IT professionals in other functions responsible for underlying compute, storage and network infrastructure, middleware, security, administration of other Information Systems, and systems integration.
Other important information:
- We are looking for candidates with an academic background in Computer Science, information science, data forensics or similar at MQF level 6;
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong leadership skills, professional integrity and accountability with the ability to foster and manage relationships with stakeholders. They will have proven experience in managing an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment and experience with SQL as well as BI visualisation tools;
- They will capable of working within a fast paced environment and have the ability to effectively analyse, evaluate and resolve problems. They must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be meticulous, detail-oriented and systematic in handling complex data environments;
- Experience with visualisation tools using Microsoft technologies is considered an asset.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.