Job vacancy: Senior Manager (Authorisations) within Banking Supervision
Job code: BS/025/2020
*During these challenging times, MFSA is doing all it can to keep employees & the general public safe. We are conducting online interviews & induction sessions for new employees and working remotely as much as possible. For those employees that need to be in the office, we are ensuring that every precaution is being taken.
About Banking Supervision:
Banking Supervision is responsible for the oversight of all licenced banking activities in Malta which includes non-bank financial institutions so as to ensure that these comply with all regulations and licence conditions, whilst having the necessary corporate governance and control structures in place.
The Senior Manager you will:
- Be thoroughly familiar in the application of the Regulatory Framework in the areas of credit and financial institutions;
- Coordinate the workload of the section and lead the team in dealing with applications in the areas related to Banking, Payment Services and E Money institutions;
- Manage and lead meetings with potential applicants;
- Be expected to provide continuous guidance, support and training to staff
- Direct and carry out second reviews of applications for the issue of licences as necessary;
- Work across functions with peers within Banking Supervision as well as in other Units to ensure collaboration for shared goals;
- Participate in ad hoc assignments related to specific issues that arise from time to time;
- Assist the Deputy Head in the general management of the section and the office.
How to apply or query further information:
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services or any other related relevant background;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working in the area of Banking and in a similar senior role, preferably in regulatory compliance. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a senior similar role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.