Job Vacancy - Senior Manager Administration within the Administration team
The Administration function oversees and manages the Authority’s building management services, centralised travel desk, hospitality, and support and ensure the efficient performance of all functional areas. The person will be reporting to the Chief Operations Officer.
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Manager (Administration) shall include:
- Manages a team within the administration department;
- Overseeing the upkeep of MFSA premises including security, health and safety;
- Managing the purchasing process of the organisation, including procedures, negotiating with suppliers;
- Managing the Reception Desk and meeting rooms and to ensure that visitors and clients are received in an excellent and professional manner;
- To ensure employee travel is safe and organized according to company policy;
- Overseeing all aspects of event planning and management for both internal and external stakeholders;
- Implementing customer service standards and evaluate employees accordingly;
- Managing Administration Budgets and monitoring the department’s expenses;
- Hiring and training of Administration Staff including non-clericals;
- Conducting semi-annual reviews of employee performance and provide guidance to employees;
- Leading and/or participating in projects relating to the department;
- Preparation and updating of Policies and Procedures relating to the Department;
- Streamlining operations ensuring that the Department runs smoothly, eliminating wastage, increases customer value and devising ways to streamline processes;
- Preparation of and presenting periodic KPIs relating to the Administration Department.
- Other duties and task as may be assigned by the Chief Operation Officer.
Other important information:
- We are looking for a candidate who has worked at a senior level within an Administration Department;
- The candidate will also be required to demonstrate a prove level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks to carry out functions effectively and efficiently;
- The role calls for a Degree in Operations, Business Administration, Logistics or Project Management or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* would be an asset.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.