Esport Entertainment (Malta) Ltd is looking to recruit a Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote or On-Site Malta) to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Applicants must be eligible to work in Malta.
We live by these values:
- We believe we all have a part to play: We are focused on the same goals and help one another succeed. Our company acts as one team and supports each other;
- We are ambitious for our future: We are brave, try new things, test, and learn to drive the right ideas forward. We also make the right decisions, always putting our customers at the heart;
- We celebrate each other: We are respectful, kind, and welcoming and take the time to reflect on our achievements, recognizing both big and small.
To join a dedicated, group of DevOps engineers in the Infrastructure Engineering team responsible for industrializing the deployment of our online gaming sites and internal applications. The right candidate will be a passionate engineer with a can-do and positive attitude, and at least 5 years of DevOps/SRE experience on Linux. He will be a master at weaponizing our tech stack. Ideally, he will have experience with setting up cloud-agnostic infrastructures from the ground up. Deployments in high availability and scaling infrastructure have no secret for him. The right candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Linux platforms, OpenStack, and Kubernetes. He will relish the opportunity to coach and mentor other members of the team. Experience of terraform, puppet, and AWX ansible are advantageous, as is a passion for coding and active involvement in the open-source community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Management of the high availability gaming platform and internal applications;
- Management of the development and test environments;
- Platform automation through Terraform, Puppet, AWX ansible, K8s, Openstack: infrastructure as code!!!
- Platform monitoring through ELK, Prometheus/grafana with a view to improving performance and reliability;
- Work collaboratively in a team of around 5 agile engineers and with a wider engineering team of 30;
- Help foster an agile engineering DevOps culture;
- Adopt good engineering patterns and practices;
- Compile and maintain good quality documentation;
- Provide DevOps support to the service desk, development and infrastructure teams;
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technology;
- Provide technical leadership and direction;
- Own the release of software to production;
- Define and implement good engineering patterns and practices;
- Collaborate with software engineering leads to define cross-platform solutions;
- Collaborate with product managers and internal business stakeholders to define platform requirements;
- Define the technical roadmap in collaboration with the Head of Platforms and other engineering leads;
- Architecture and design governance in collaboration with architects and other engineering leads;
- Technical due diligence of third party platforms, solutions, and integrations;
- Compile and maintain good quality operational and systems documentation.
- python, shell;
- puppet/AWX ansible;
- OpenStack/VMware Cloud Director.
- At least 5 years of DevOps experience;
- Good knowledge and experience of Linux system admin;
- Black belted in ESXi and Openstack: create from scratch an infrastructure;
- Comfortable with regex, know how to configure Nginx, haproxy, write complex varnish rules, tune JVM options, and know other Linux stuff;
- Know Python/shell, and happy to write code and able to do so collaboratively using Git;
- Have experience with ELK, and have used monitoring tools, Prometheus, grafana;
- Leadership and mentoring experience, coaching mid-level engineers on best practices technical and organizational skills;
- Excellent stakeholder management experience.
- Build and release experience.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment and Orchestration - Jenkins, git hub, or similar.
Esport Entertainment (Malta) Ltd:
Esports Entertainment Group is a licensed next generation online gambling company focused on esports. Utilizing our advanced wagering system, we offer esports fans and enthusiasts from around the world (excluding the United States) the ability to wager on all professional eSports events for real money in our licensed and secure environment.