Job vacancy: Senior Cybersecurity Officer within Technology
Job code: TEC/028/2019
*During these challenging times, MFSA is doing all it can to keep employees & the general public safe. We are conducting online interviews & induction sessions for new employees and working remotely as much as possible. For those employees that need to be in the office, we are ensuring that every precaution is being taken.
The Technology Function at MFSA provides reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the entities interacting with the Authority through digital means, and efficiently supporting the overall business strategy. Among other things, it is responsible for technology design, cybersecurity, development, integration, and delivery of all the information and communications infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain system security plans, information security policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Analyse systems, review security architectures and propose information security solutions;
- Perform assessment and security compliance checks including vulnerability assessments;
- Assess security events and logs via sophisticated cybersecurity and event management tools;
- Ensure that network defence, identification, authentication, access control, and data protection mechanisms are in line with security best practices;
- Participate in penetration testing engagements;
- Participate in security risk assessments and recommend mitigations and countermeasures to address risks, vulnerabilities, and threats;
- Participate in the development of ICT disaster recovery and business continuity plans;
- Deliver information security awareness training, and provide ongoing guidance to users.
How to apply or query further information:
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in ICT but well versed in information security.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years of working experience in technology of which at least three (3) years in information security, with proven track record of developing information security policies. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta), and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.