A Senior Clerk Internal Audit
Malta is required on a full-time basis within the Internal Audit Department to join MaltaPost plc.
Apart from assisting in the day to day activities of the Department, the responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
Ideal candidates would:
- Systematically analysing and evaluating business processes and associated controls
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of information
- Reviewing the systems established by management to ensure compliance with internal procedures and, where applicable, laws and regulations which could have an impact on operations and to identify any gaps
- A report in an objective manner on the findings of an audit carried out also submitting recommendations where appropriate.
- Have at least a post-secondary of a level of Education. Those holding an Advanced level certificate in Accounts are preferred
- Be willing to further their studies in a related area
- Have relevant work experience
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, in both Maltese and English
- Have a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, in particular, MS Excel and Word
- Be able to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision, have an eye for detail and an inquisitive mind
- Have an open and positive person with good work ethics, capable of working within a small unit
- Be over 21 years of age, hold a valid driving license and able to drive a manual car
- Be of good character and possess a clean police conduct certificate.
The appointment is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. Working hours are between 07:30 to 16:00, Monday to Friday.
MaltaPost plc is Malta's leading postal services company, being the sole licensed Universal Service Provider of postal service in the Maltese Islands. It is one of the country's largest private employers and as the national postal operator, it collects and delivers mail to every address on the Islands, 6-days-a-week and operates through a comprehensive retail network of outlets. It is regulated by the Malta Communications Authority and is listed on the Malta Stock Exchange. MaltaPost has developed a state-of-the-art document management centre in Xewkija, Gozo which is equipped to scan, archive and index information of both electronic and physical formats.