STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd is looking to recruit Senior Buyer
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be a Deputy to the current Site Purchasing Manager. The incumbent will act a business partner for our BEM&T Manufacturing Group. He/she will be part of the Global Procurement Organization, and is a key interface for our manufacturing plant employees.
- Assist the Site Purchasing manager in his management role, lead and develop talent locally;
- Lead and execute the purchasing strategies in coordination with the relevant stakeholders and in full compliance with internal and external requirements (Standard Operating procedures, Quality Standards, EHS and local regulations compliance, Business Ethics …);
- Grow the Sourcing base and ensure that the supplier’s selection process meets internal customers’ requirements; Develop long term relationships with vendors;
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers; Perform cost analysis and a benchmark to suggest best suitable solutions to the plant, in line with priorities and defined budgets;
- Lead the Suppliers Performance Evaluation and ensure suppliers are meeting the company’s expectations and standards; Assess, manage and mitigate the risks if any;
- Manage tenders and contracts in coordination with end-users and the legal department as well as negotiate the best conditions for the company and ensure plant competitiveness;
- Promote the Global Procurement Organization voice to plant management when needed, suggest processes and tools to boost the team’s efficiency.
- Master’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain or a suitably equivalent professional procurement qualification;
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience in managing tenders/contracts and buying supplies preferably gained within a similar industry;
- People Management skills would be an asset
- Working knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts;
- Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems;
- Strong Leadership capabilities: excellent negotiation skills and highly results-oriented
- Broad network and able to connect with people from different levels;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
*Ref - #5566
*Applicants should send in strictest confidence a detailed CV & Certification.
STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd:
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented. The Company has served more than 100,000 customers worldwide.