Job vacancy: Senior Business Analyst within the Project Management Office
Job code: PM/014/19
About Project Management Office:
The Programme Management & Quality Assurance office is responsible for the setting up of a single, centralized framework, designed to ensure the implementation and delivery of key organisational projects and other change initiatives within the Authority. Program Management is responsible to define best practices within the Authority and aims to standardize quality assurance and change management activities thus introducing economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The Programme Management team is key to ensuring the completion of projects within budget and in the established timeframes.
Within this role you will be reporting to the Change Manager within PMQ at the MFSA and will carry out the following tasks:
- Assist in the duties of the Change Manager in performing his/her role and act as a replacement in case the Manager is not present;
- Act as a team leader and functional reference point;
- Set objectives and monitor the performance of assigned team members;
- Responsible for Change Management activities for assigned project portfolio;
- Manage Change Management demands through direct and frequent interaction with MFSA department representatives;
- Manage the analysis process for strategic projects and other tactical or operational changes;
- Support the Change Manager and participate in regular status meetings with all stakeholders to perform timely follow-up on agreed actions;
- Guide team members in terms of functionality and business-related queries;
- Perform requirements gathering and gap analysis for new requirements;
- Liaise with MFSA Technical team, external consultants and/or software vendors to analyze requirements, design solutions and ensure compliance with agreed specifications;
- Ensure successful knowledge transfer activities as part of the requirements analysis and hand-over process;
- Support Quality Assurance in interpreting business requirements and acceptance criteria;
- Support Quality Assurance in building test scripts, invalidating test results and in resolving defects so as to ensure compliance with functional specifications prior to delivery;
- Provide the necessary training to MFSA staff during User Acceptance Testing;
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards;
- Maintain status reports for all tasks on a regular basis;
- Undertake interim Project Management activities that may be assigned by Senior Management from time to time;
- The post may require participation in off-site duties in order to attend meetings with external consultants and/or software vendor;
- Selected candidates may also be required to perform duties outside office hours in order to tend to critical issues or recover impacted schedules to ensure adherence to SLAs.
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in Business, IT and/or Change Management or in an equivalent professional qualification;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at the National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognized professional qualification at a comparable level;
- You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a Change Management environment or equivalent exposure in project management. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- Demonstrable management skills with a proven track record to lead a team;
- Proficient in business modeling, business process improvements techniques, change implementation and planning, data analysis, organizational design, requirements definition, stakeholder relationship management, and system design;
- Experience of working in a dynamic and high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines;
- Proficient with methods and techniques for preparing statements of requirements both orally and in writing;
- Proficient in SQL Language;
- Should be familiar with standards associated with IT practice nationally and internationally;
- Must demonstrate a strong awareness of the uses of IT within the financial services industry;
- Able to chair face to face internal and external client meetings;
- Communicate with internal and external clients in an effective manner with strong negotiation skills;
- Be a team player and actively promote team spirit;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Accurate and systematic in doing work;
- Preferably should have a good knowledge of the financial services industry.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a relaxed environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply or query further information:
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.