GMP Orphan Limited is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their fast growing team on a full-time basis.
*GMP Orphan Limited would like to reassure all that despite these challenging times, we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all our team.
The Senior Accountant will have substantial exposure to monthly closing processes within an international group structure. The ideal candidate must also be very proficient in VAT. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset.
- Ensure business transactions are reported in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Work closely with team members to assist with the month-end close and year-end close;
- Assist with the annual audit process including the draft of the IFRS financial statements and related notes;
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures;
- Manage the junior accountants on the team;
- Research and analyze expense variances for company management;
- Preparation of VAT returns and related VAT compliance submissions.
- Proven experience as a senior accountant;
- Big 4 and International Holding Company structure experience will be considered an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures;
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and familiarity with IFRS financial statements;
- Awareness of business trends;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like SAP and Navision;
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
GMP Orphan Limited:
gmp-orphan (GMPO) was founded in 2011. It is our mission to identify, develop and provide access to innovative treatments to patients with rare diseases. Our experienced pharmaceutical development and commercial team in the field of rare diseases is critical in advancing this mission.
- 3+ years' of professional accounting experience;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience;
- CPA preferred.