A vacancy has arisen for a Security Officer Day/Night on a part-time basis at the Qawra Palace Hotel. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Security and/or Assistant General Manager, and within the limits of the established hotel policies and procedures.
The Security Officer's Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To patrol frequently all areas of the hotel.
- To ensure that all outside area doors and windows, including stores, are closed and locked.
- To check all the office doors and administration areas.
- To keep full control of keys, ensuring they are kept in the key cabinet/boxes provided and given out against a signature in the registry.
- To ensure that the keys that have been returned are signed off by the respective individual.
- To ensure that all members of staff are punching in and out on each occasion.
- To check the contents of all bags being taken out of the hotel at the time of exit.
- To ensure that no leftovers of any kind are permitted to be taken out from the hotel.
- On hearing the fire bells ringing, to check that the fire exits and doors are open and nothing is obstructing the doors.
- Controls and directs any suppliers or visitors coming in the premises.
- Give First Aid assistance when required.
- To report and investigate anything that seems suspicious.
- Monitor the CCTV system.
The Security Officer's Education and Experience:
Qawra Palace Hotel:
- Good standard of education.
- Computer literate.
- Fluency in the English Language.
- Be smart in appearance.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative.
- The post requires for a candidate to be available to work day and night shifts- Monday to Sunday.
- Possess a valid Private Guard License issued by the commission of Police.
The Qawra Palace Hotel is a hospitality ownership managed by the Vella family, with the most welcoming management and staff who provide their customers with efficient and pleasant service. The four-star rated hotel offers exceptional service to elite clientele. The semi-modern décor grants a warm attachment. The panoramic view of Salina Bay and the ample promenade is a bonus to the hotel’s room view. Only 30 minutes away from the airport and is situated in the most prime area of St. Paul’s Bay/ Bugibba. The town of St.Paul’s Bay is only a stone throw away. “Il-Gzejjer” (St. Paul’s Island – the initial location of St. Paul’s shipwreck) is simply a short distance boat ride. This hotel offers ample facilities together with a comfortable, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. This is the perfect hotel for families and couples of all ages that are in search of a central location, with a good range of facilities close by. There are many shops, bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity and it is but a short walk to Bugibba and St. Paul’s Bay for a wider choice.