AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Security Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Security, and within the limits of the established hotel policies and procedures.
- To patrol frequently all areas of the hotels and their perimeter;
- To ensure that all outside area doors and windows, including stores, are closed and locked;
- To check all office doors and administration areas;
- The sequence of these checks will be regularly varied so as not to present a pattern;
- To attend on duty when requested outside the normal schedule; for example: on special occasions requiring extra security;
- To keep full control of keys. To ensure they are kept in the key cabinet/boxes provided and given out against a signature in the registry;
- To ensure that the keys that have been returned are signed off by the respective individual;
- To ensure that all keys are sealed in an envelope which is signed across the flap by the individual;
- To ensure that all members of staff are punching in and out on each occasion;
- To check contents of all bags being taken out of the hotel at the time of exit;
- To ensure that no leftovers of any kind are permitted to be taken out from the hotels;
- On hearing the fire alarm ringing, to check that the fire exits and doors are open and nothing is obstructing the doors;
- Controls and directs any suppliers or visitors coming in the premises;
- To report and investigate anything that seems suspicious;
- To be acquainted with the fire alarm system and be aware of the fire procedures including evacuation and security procedures;
- Ensure all security incidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your manager;
- Hand over between shifts of all reports and equipment;
- Meets any other request given by the Chief Security.
- A good standard of education;
- Fluency in English;
- Previous working experience in this field;
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised;
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
*Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.