Lidl in Malta is looking to recruit a Secretary
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Lidl would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, they are taking all necessary precautions whilst providing a safe working environment for all their employees.
The objective of the position is to secure the administrative workflow in the Sales and Administration Departments and to ensure efficient and optimal support to management. All business processes are to be handled in a confidential manner by the holder of the position and activities must be carried out at no risk to the Company.
As a Secretary
, you will be forming part of our secretarial pool and you would be carrying out the following details:
- Assisting in administrative tasks which will include filing, handling correspondence, answering telephone calls and other office duties that may be required daily;
- Co-ordinating appointments and managing the calendar of the Sales and Administration Departments;
- Organising and preparing meetings and interviews;
- Co-ordinating telephone calls and managing the Company’s internal telephone directory;
- Managing of databases;
- Providing administrative support to our Stores;
- Managing orders and deliveries of materials;
- Checking of invoices;
- Managing stationery orders;
- Organising meetings, business travel and hotel accommodation;
- Providing support to management in the planning and realisation of projects;
- Customer Care.
- Secondary level of education;
- Fluency in Maltese, English and Italian is a must;
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Capable of working on own initiative and in a team environment;
- ECDL literate;
- Previous experience in an office environment and knowledge of German will be considered an asset.
Lidl was founded in the 30’s in Germany as a food distribution company! Today Lidl, part of the Schwarz group, is one of the major retail operators in Germany and as an international group, it has an important role in Europe. The first supermarkets have been opened in the 70’s. Lidl has continued his growth in the 80’s in Germany, entering the international market in the 90’s. Currently, there are supermarkets in almost all European countries. Nowadays Lidl is one of the most developed discount chains in Europe. Also in the future Lidl will keep playing an important role in the development of new markets, offering as always the best value for money harmony.
- A secure job;
- A pleasant yet demanding working environment;
- A motivated team;
- Interesting and diverse activities;
- Development opportunities in a dynamic company that is continuously expanding;
- A secure workplace characterised by advanced, task-oriented and professional training;
- A full time, indefinite contract.