Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Head of R&D to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Managing Director, the head of R&D is leading the R&D department and outlining the R&D strategy which supports the company’s overall business strategy. The main task is the development of successful new products which reflect the local taste preferences of consumers.
- Set the R&D strategy which supports the Company’s overall business strategy by identifying new concepts, innovation projects in liaison with other business units;
- Manage project priorities by resource allocation and ensuring success by identifying competence level;
- Seeks opportunities for new products/tools or enrichment of existing products;
- Drive decisions by effectively networking with relevant stakeholders/decision-makers in R&D, marketing and other business units and markets in and outside of FCP.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all specific technical tasks in concept ideation, prototyping, production design detailing, pre-production design validation and start-up of production;
- Manage progress and potential scope changes through proactive and open communication;
- Deliver solutions at defined quality, time and cost in order to fuel science-based innovation transfers into our business unit(s);
- Responsible for technical services R&D Lab as it pertains to product testing, analysis, and validation on new products as well as analyzing and correcting R&D activities.
- Lead project teams primarily by coaching, motivating and inspiring;
- Lead a team of highly skilled technicians/scientists;
- Establish goals and metrics for the team, ensuring alignment with the program unit goals and organizational goals, and evaluates performance against established goals;
- Provide scientific and professional leadership and work cooperatively with cross-functional teams to ensure development and maintenance of high quality, scientifically sound standards for food products;
- Pursue effective working relations with international food and food ingredient standards development organizations, suppliers, and other technical institutes working on food ingredient quality and ingredient or flavour research;
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with scientific and trade organizations in the fields of food, food ingredients, and nutrition;
- Organize group, identifies personnel needs, empower scientific staff and leads recruitment of scientific positions to ensure accomplishment of organizational and group targets;
- Strive for continuous improvement;
- Ability to create a climate of innovation – has a passion for new knowledge, experiences and challenges.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- MSc degree in a relevant technical field (Food Science/Technology, Material Science, Chemistry, Product Technology, etc.);
- Preferably with a PhD in the food science field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in R&D, Innovation Management in the food and beverage sector.
- Fluent English;
- Knowledge of product development processes and prototype modelling methods;
- Excellent project and time management skills;
- Proficient computing skills;
- Sensory training and experience;
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.
- Strategic Thinking and Change Management;
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving;
- Drive for results;
- Building strategic partnerships;
- Influencing and impact including conflict management;
- Program and Project Management;
- Monitoring and Measuring;
- Developing People.