Job vacancy: Assistant Environment Protection Officer (Thematic)
Basis: Definite Contract – 4 years
In this role, the officer is responsible for the functions and deliverables under the area of responsibility in line with the aims and objectives of the Authority. The Environment and Resources Authority seeks the protection of natural resources through the implementation of environmental policy for a sustainable quality of life. The Authority is presently seeking to employ an assistant environment protection officer to join our team as part of the implementation of the EU LIFE Integrated project LIFE 16 IPE MT 008, which project aims to support the implementation of Malta’s 2nd Water Catchment Management Plan (WCMP). The Integrated Project is led by the Energy and Water Agency with the participation of the Environment and Resources Authority and seeks the implementation of the Programme of Measures reported as part of Malta’s WCMP, targeting the protection of water resources and promoting sustainable water use. The project actions to be implemented by the successful candidate/s have a duration of four years.
- The implementation of environmental studies in relation to Malta’s water resources and associated aquatic ecosystems; the implementation of management measures identified as part of Malta’s second Water Catchment Management Plan;
- The development and implementation of environmental monitoring processes including analysis and interpretation of biological and chemical data;
- The implementation of an integrated management approach to water resources and aquatic ecosystems;
- The liaison with all relevant stakeholders involved in the above-mentioned processes.
- Applicant must be in possession of a minimum Bachelor’s Degree (MQF Level 6) with a minimum total of 180 ECTS credits in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Acoustics, Geography, Geology & Geomorphology, Hydrography & Oceanography, Earth Systems, Environmental Conservation, Planning & Management, ICT & GIS, Administration & Project Management, Architecture & Civil Engineering, Engineering or Maths or comparable qualification as recognized by NCFHE; or
- Alternatively in case of no First Degree, a Master’s Degree (MQF Level 7) with a minimum total of 90 ECTS credits in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Acoustics, Geography, Geology & Geomorphology, Hydrography & Oceanography, Earth Systems, Environmental Conservation, Planning & Management, ICT & GIS, Administration & Project Management, Architecture & Civil Engineering, Engineering or Maths or comparable qualification as recognized by NCFHE.
*Interested candidates should send their CV and covering letter.
Environment & Resources Authority:
The Environment and Resources Authority shall safeguard the environment to achieve a sustainable quality of life. As the national regulator on the environment, we shall also maintain consultation with stakeholders so as to promote and instill sound environmental management.