AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Sales Executive (Groups) to join their team on a full-time basis.
Purpose of this role within the Sales Department is maximizing revenue opportunities in the areas of group accommodation requirements, group reservations, conferences and events by driving sales leads and increasing conversions and repeat business.
- Handling incoming enquiries with an aim to convert into sales;
- To maximize room occupancy and average rate through effective inventory management in accordance with both the hotel's business plan and the policies and procedures;
- Conduct hotel inspection visits for potential bookings;
- Hosting of clients for lunches or dinners;
- Constant follow-ups and maintaining of client relationships – be it by phone, meetings at a hotel or conducting office visits;
- Ensuring that all enquiries, whether confirmed, lost or denied are recorded in the hotel property managing system (OPERA);
- Be fully conversant with the hotel’s corporate and group and conference rates, room availability, option dates and release periods;
- To liaise and collaborate with the departments concerned to ensure a smooth running of the group’s operation;
- Upselling where relevant;
- Understanding competitors and have a good working knowledge of the market place, trends and opportunities;
- Meets and entertains guests and clients on a regular basis to establish and maintain good business relationships and ensure customer satisfaction;
- To assist in the preparation of Budgets, Forecasts and Actions Plans by means of presenting accurate information and statistics;
- To assist in the preparation of statistical data relating to sales and marketing, source of business, complaints, questionnaires, etc;
- To promote the hotel during exhibitions and workshops;
- Issuing contracts and pro forma invoices once the group is confirmed and recording them accurately.
- Ideally have 2 years’ experience in a similar role and within a similar environment;
- Strong working knowledge of Groups and/or Corporate Segments;
- Fluency in English and another European language(s);
- Be proactive and take initiative, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines;
- Very well organized, analytical and smart in appearance;
- Able to work flexible hours;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of Opera and its various reservations functions/reporting;
- Candidates must be residing in Malta and eligible to work.
*Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.