AX The Palace in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Sales Executive to join their team on a full-time basis.
Purpose of this role within the Sales Department is maximizing revenue opportunities in the areas of corporate accommodation requirements, group reservations, conferences and events by driving sales leads and increasing conversions. The Sales Executive will interact frequently with Guests and customers with the intention of earning repeat and expanded the business.
- Handling incoming inquiries with an aim to convert into sales;
- To maximize room occupancy and average rate through effective inventory management in accordance with both the hotel's business plan and the policies and procedures;
- Conduct hotel inspection visits for potential bookings;
- Hosting of clients for lunches or dinners;
- Constant follow-ups and maintaining of client relationships – be it by phone, meetings at a hotel or conducting office visits;
- Ensuring that all inquiries, whether confirmed, lost or denied are recorded in the hotel property managing system (OPERA);
- Be fully conversant with the hotel’s corporate and group and conference rates, room availability, option dates and release periods;
- To liaise and collaborate with the departments concerned to ensure a smooth running of the group’s operation;
- Upselling where relevant;
- Producing function sheets for the hotel’s operational team;
- Understanding competitors and have a good working knowledge of the market place, trends, and opportunities;
- Issuing contract & pro forma invoices once the group is confirmed and recording them accurately.
AX The Palace:
The Palace Hotel in Sliema is one of the top 5 star hotels in Malta. It is highly rated for its 5-star services, exquisite cuisine, and impeccable organization and surroundings. The Palace provides top services and facilities. The Palace is an eco-leading efficient high-class hotel in Malta. It adopts a modern façade that attracts travellers and locals alike. As soon as you enter one of the top Sliema hotels in Malta, you are greeted by a world of luxury, exquisite accommodation and excellence in service.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in the hospitality sector;
- Strong working knowledge of Groups and/or Corporate Segments;
- Fluency in English and another European language;
- Very well organized, analytical and smart in appearance;
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of Opera and its various reservations functions/reporting.