Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Sales Manager to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the Regional Sales Manager. This role is centred on the leadership and delivery of a profitable market share within an area of countries by creating, selling and executing joint commercial business plans with our partners.
- Sales and Business Planning:
- Develop, negotiate, and implement joint business commercial plans in alignment with regional objectives for markets addressing their challenges, exploiting opportunities to pave the way forward;
- Achievement of sales volume and value targets against set budget.
- Distribution landscape – Route to market and Channel management:
- Source market data and conduct market sizing exercises to establish key opportunities and current market position;
- Work closely with partners to ensure that core distribution, coverage, and visibility objectives are monitored and met in the respective area, channel and category;
- Ensure partners have the necessary channel & category planograms, merchandising guidelines; stock rotation, and new product launch briefs based on regional directions and local market conditions;
- Develop and manage long-term effective business relationships with distributors and implement needed objectives, KPI’s, structure, and team development to drive results, monitoring their performance, and recommending actions.
- Activation and reporting:
- Develop, negotiate, track, and manage trade marketing plans and calendars through execution with partners and control spend in line with regional approved budgets maximising return on investment;
- Responsible for forecasting sales volumes, new product launches, brand activations and expanding portfolios, preparing market pricing based on channel/category price partitions and driving revenue growth;
- Through extensive market visits, continuously track and report channel, category, customer and competitor trends, and activities, monitor execution, and seek new opportunities for growth.
- Goals, Finance, and Control:
- Ensure collection and financial reconciliation is made in line with set payment terms and debit notes are reconciled and paid to clients on time;
- Collaborate internally and externally amongst teams and departments to ensure the on-time execution of distributor orders and monitor the export process until customer receipt;
- Maintain customer profiles and prepare monthly reports for management highlighting business performance, the status of objectives and marketing plans and indicating a clear way forward;
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance with all activities undertaken to the brand and marketing codes.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing, business administration, finance or relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the FMCG sector with export and distributor management experience.
- Managing partner relationships;
- Commercial business planning;
- Export Management;
- Advertising & Promotion Planning;
- Category & Channel Management;
- Distributor Management;
- Advanced computer skills.
- Attention to detail;
- Drive for results;
- Relationship Building;
- Influence and impact including conflict management;
- Business Acumen;
- Monitoring and Measuring.
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.
- Able to travel a minimum of 35% of total time or 120 days in a year.