Malta Retail Ltd is currently looking to recruit a Sales Assistant to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Malta Retail Ltd would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, we are taking all necessary precautions whilst providing a safe working environment for all our employees.
The holder of this position reports directly to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, and Supervisors. The chosen candidate will be delivering great customer experience, working as a team with the store colleagues, and keeping the store safe. Performing all tasks as instructed by the Store Management Team. Complying with the Employee Code of Conduct Policy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The holder of the position is responsible for the following areas of responsibility in agreement with his superior:
- Till Operations:
- Proper handling of the till process;
- Responsible for all the money and transactions that are carried on your till;
- Proper accounting of your till activities;
- Compliance with the Company till & cash handling policy.
- Sales & Customer Service:
- Deliver SPAR 5 Be’s into the store operations;
- To be helpful and serve every customer with a smile and ensure that they have found whatever they came in for;
- Friendly behaviour towards customers, supervisors and colleagues;
- Ensuring cleanliness inside and outside the stores;
- Drive sales by active cross selling and promoting our great offers;
- Ensure to service customers as quickly as possible so that a queue is not built up;
- Ensure you follow Company Uniform Policy.
- Taking measures to secure the safety of the stock and putting deliveries away;
- Ensuring all SEL is in place;
- Keeping proper merchandising of stock, cleanliness, and standards;
- Periodic checks of freshness/date checks, and stock rotation in accordance with instructions;
- Follow product planograms;
- Product filling of shelves that there are no stock gaps on the shelves;
- Ensuring date checks are carried out and any end of shelf life or damaged products are reported to the store management team.
- Ensure that you are kept up to date with all internal communications, and to be aware of key store targets.
- Health & Safety:
- Manage & conduct work activities in such a way as to ensure the safety, health & welfare at work of all colleagues & customers;
- Follow the Company Security Policy.
- In addition to the above-mentioned duties, the holder of the position will be required to carry out individual orders as needed by the company on the instructions of his superior.
Malta Retail Ltd:
Founded in 1932, SPAR has grown to become the world’s largest grocery chain. SPAR is an acronym of a Dutch phrase, ‘Door Eendrachtig Samenwerken Profiteren Allen Regelmatig’, which means ‘We all benefit from joint cooperation’. As the name implies, the SPAR concept is about getting wholesalers and retailers partnered up to deliver the best prices possible to consumers without compromising on quality and freshness where everyone stands to benefit. Adriaan Van Well – the founder of SPAR – used the fir tree as part of the SPAR logo – a logo which has become recognisable all over the world.
- Knowledge and experience in the Food or Retail Industry business.
- Previous experience in retail outlets is an asset.
- A high sense of commitment and work ethic.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and making decisions that reflect the company’s values.
- Excellent time-management and business acumen.
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’, and ‘passion’.