Grand Hotel Excelsior in Malta is looking to recruit a MICE Sales Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Develops methods and ideas to most efficiently maximise sales;
- Calls on corporations, convention organisers and associations to solicit additional sales, promote rapport and awareness of Hotel facilities and enhance the Hotel’s image;
- Promotes and participates in sales promotions organised by the Sales Department;
- Checking adherence to the deposit, liability and cancellation guidelines;
- Carrying out hotel tours;
- Holding events negotiations and reservations agreements for Groups;
- Drawing up offers and contracts;
- Adherence to the deposit guidelines;
- Blocking and booking of room quotas and management of the same with Group Reservations;
- Setting, together with the Director of Sales & Marketing, the annual sales budget and ensuring that this is achieved on a monthly basis;
- Represents the Hotel at relevant international fairs and events in order to promote the Hotel;
- Entertains local DMC’s and foreign clients whenever necessary in order to build a better working relationship;
- Confers with customers to discuss room, convention and function details and requirements. Negotiates, confirms, books and follows up on requirements for rooms, meals, banquets, meeting spaces etc;
- Entertains customers and attends customers’ functions in order to promote Hotel services;
- Coordinates with the Events Section on all MICE and convention/seminar room bookings.
Grand Hotel Excelsior:
GrandHotelExcelsior. As the premier destination among 5-star Valletta hotels, the Grand Hotel Excelsior is ideally located on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Capital City of Valletta, with all its major attractions, culture, art treasures, and historical architectural gems. This acclaimed Valletta Malta hotel prides itself in providing the discerning traveller with magnificent accommodation, breathtaking views of Marsamxett Harbour and Manoel Island, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and an unforgettable dining experience. Its central position allows for easy travel to all parts of the Maltese islands.
- At least 2 years’ experience in MICE Sales, within a hotel or DMC environment;
- Relevant qualifications in management or sales;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent Sales skills;
- Good command of English. Fluency in a foreign language will be considered an asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis;
- Good presentation skills;
- Intercultural awareness and knowledge of protocol will be considered an asset.