Michael Debono Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Sales Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The company today operates one of Malta’s largest automotive dealerships. It represents more than 9 OEM brands. First and foremost, of these is Toyota – which was the first OEM brand we started to build a relationship with way back in 1960 when we imported the first Toyota vehicle to Europe. The company and employs more than 130 multi-disciplined employees. The product offering is composed of passenger and commercial vehicles, motorbikes, vehicle parts and accessories and aftersales services. The company also offers consumers a range of consumer finance solutions to fund the acquisition of their vehicles. Moving forward the company is looking to enhance the mobility experience for each and every customer by delivering great products that are customizable, affordable, comfortable and
environment-friendly. We aim to support our customer both through their personal and professional needs.
MDL is part of the part Debono Group, a multifaceted group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector. The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of consumers.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager shall be responsible for:
- Setting up meetings to identify new opportunities to expand the customer base and grow the business;
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with business clients to retain, cross-sell and up-sell the company’s portfolio of services;
- Attending customer meetings along with the team;
- Negotiating and approving discounts and offers;
- Participating, negotiating and winning of tenders;
- Monitoring monthly sales target;
- Preparing monthly sales reports;
- Maintaining a healthy pipeline;
- Managing the day-to-day operations;
- Monitoring employee and team performance;
- Driving team motivation;
- Professional and personal development of direct reports;
- Shaping team culture towards continuous improvement;
- Participating in the sales forum;
- Participating in the budget process;
- Providing feedback towards the enhancement of credit control facilities;
- Awareness of the competition and benchmarking with the competition;
- Liaising with the after-sales team for the sales of service plans;
- Providing after-sales support to ensure optimum customer satisfaction;
- Liaising with all departments to fulfil customer’s expectations.
Michael Debono Ltd:
Established in 1960, Michael Debono Ltd is Malta's exclusive representative of the world's leading car manufacturer, Toyota. From day one, since distributing the first Toyota in Europe, our foremost objective has been to offer complete customer satisfaction to all our customers. This has enabled us to build strong relationships and a loyal database of valued customers, supporting our rapid expansion over the years, where we have extended our range of aftersales facilities to meet our all of our customers’ auto-related needs. Specialities: Toyota Cars, Quality Used Cars, Genuine Car Parts, Body Repairs and Servicing.
- A Diploma level of education or higher;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications;
- 5 years of managerial sales experience;
- Experience in the automotive industry will be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication both verbally and written in Maltese and English;
- Possession of a clean driving license;
- Highly goal-oriented with excellent negotiation skills;
- Strong leadership and delegation skills;
- Problem-solving skills and drive to succeed;
- Possess good analytical and presentation skills.