Yellow, Discover Local in Malta is looking to recruit a Sales Team Leader to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will lead, coach and mentor Digital Sales Specialists to reach their full potential.
The Sales Team Leader will have full responsibility and total ownership for developing and improving the sales team together, providing training and motivation to the team to reach set goals. The work environment is fast-paced, and the team leader is often moving from one task to another, answering questions, holding meetings, delegating responsibilities, and acting as a voice of encouragement.
Crucial in Sales Strategy Development:
- Besides overseeing the sales team, team leaders will also assist the sales manager with sales strategy development and implementation. This includes developing strategic sales plans that expand the customer base and ensure Yellow short to long-term objectives and goals.
It is very important that sales team leaders understand the full sales cycle and the buyer’s journey, identifying and implementing points of improvement.
Keep Informed of New Products and Services:
Recruit, Train, and Coach the Sales Team:
- To hit sales targets and achieve growth, sales team leaders must continue to develop knowledge of the products and services being offered. They also need a working knowledge of their industry’s climate and competition to effectively implement the sales strategy, as well as keep abreast with a dynamic digital arena, where Yellow is operating.
Delegate Tasks and Set Deadlines:
- Sales team leaders will help define sales job requirements, assisting in the search for the best candidates and taking part in the interview process. A large part of the job is providing sales team members with tips and training to achieve a competitive edge in their industry.
Set Sales Targets and Motivate Sales Team:
- Sales team leaders delegate tasks to sales specialists, assign tasks to the team members with the best skills for the job and guide staff members to ensure the work is done.
- Sales team leaders will set daily, weekly, or monthly sales goals. They motivate employees to reach individual sales goals and encourage the staff to work better, rather than harder.
- Sales team leaders are responsible for preparing and delivering sales reports to management. It is crucial for team leaders to understand, interpret, present and act on sales data to steer the team towards optimal positions and directions.
Yellow, Discover Local:
We are the best Local Discovery Search Tool A Digital First Company Innovation is the recipe for our success and digital transformation is what drives us. This is why we always push forward, identifying and grasping opportunities conveyed by new technologies and reinventing ourselves to deliver a substance to our users and clients. Why Yellow? Let's face it. Nobody does local better than we do. Many have tried to follow in our footsteps. Few have managed to succeed and none have surpassed us. Not only did we revamp our website to its entirety transforming it into the top local discovery tool, but we are also trailblazing the digital landscape. With more than 11,000 daily sessions and a choice of more than 21,000 listings, businesses are more likely to be found by a potential customer in Malta or Gozo. Yellow remains committed to delivering richer content and enhanced search experience, through an unparalleled local media presence across the country. With listings, articles, media, pictures, videos, links and maps, shoppers can discover top-ranked businesses and make more informed decisions in all areas when looking for a product or service. As technology is setting the pace of change, we're taking the digital landscape by storm. We know that slick design coupled with the creative use of technology and a solid strategy in place can make your online presence pop. We think deeply using data and act quickly to deliver smart solutions whilst setting the gold standard for customer care. With a vast range of digital products such as Mini-Sites, Websites, and Tags that suit any budget, Yellow provides the best return-on-investment for businesses looking to reach thousands of customers.
- Sales Industry Experience – the sales team leader manages the people who generate sales. To be successful as a team leader in sales, experience and a working knowledge of the sales industry with direct client experience is important (minimum 3 years in Sales with a proven successful track record a must);
- Leadership and Motivation Skills – the sales team leader motivates employees to reach sales goals and needs to be able to effectively train, encourage, inspire and reward team members for their achievements. This will also include the planning and execution of team building/personnel development and extra-curricular activities (minimum 3 years in this position);
- Customer Service – sales roles are often customer-focused, and the team leader needs to be able to guide team members in providing excellent service to customers;
- Organization – to effectively delegate tasks to team members and keep track of sales goals, the team leader needs to be well organized. This must also be true to organize an effective two-way flow of data including market inspection and industry updates and innovations between the market and Yellow;
- Communication skills – sales team leaders are often the link that holds the sales team together, the source of information, training, and motivation for the sales staff—they need to be able to communicate all aspects of the sales operation to managers and team members.