SPAR Malta is looking to recruit a Deli Counter Attendant
to join their Store Team on a full-time basis. The holder of this position reports directly to the Deli Counter Supervisor.
Purpose and goals of this position:
Areas of responsibility/duties:
- Delivering a great customer experience, working as a team with the store colleagues, and keeping the store safe.
- Performing all tasks as instructed by the Store Management Team.
- Complying with the Employee Code of Conduct Policy.
The holder of the position is responsible for the following areas of responsibility in agreement with his superior:
Sales & Customer Service:
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
- Deliver SPAR 5 BE’s into the store operations.
- To be helpful & serve every customer with a smile.
- Friendly behaviour towards customers, supervisors & colleagues.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the mentioned area.
- Drive sales by active cross-selling & promoting our great offers.
- To maintain high team, focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm & seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any task required by you.
- Taking measures to secure the safety of the stock & putting deliveries away.
- Ensuring all SEL’s are in place.
- Keeping proper merchandising of stock, cleanliness & standards.
- Periodic checks of freshness/date checks, & stock rotation in accordance with instructions.
- Follow product planograms.
- Product filling of shelves that there are no stock gaps on the shelves.
- Ensuring date check are carried out & any end of shelf life or damaged products are reported to the supervisor.
Health &a Safety:
- Ensure that you are kept up to date with all internal communications, & to be aware of key store targets.
- Manage & conduct work activities in such a way as to ensure the safety, health & welfare at work of all colleagues & customers.
- Follow the Company Security Policy.
In addition to the above-mentioned duties, the holder of the position will be required to carry out individual orders as needed by the company on the instructions of his superior.
Founded in 1932, SPAR has grown to become the world’s largest grocery chain. SPAR is an acronym of a Dutch phrase, ‘Door Eendrachtig Samenwerken Profiteren Allen Regelmatig’, which means ‘We all benefit from joint cooperation’. As the name implies, the SPAR concept is about getting wholesalers and retailers partnered up to deliver the best prices possible to consumers without compromising on quality and freshness where everyone stands to benefit. Adriaan Van Well – the founder of SPAR – used the fir tree as part of the SPAR logo – a logo which has become recognisable all over the world.
- Can adhere to rules on staff uniform and protocol.
- Knowledge and experience in the Food or Retail Industry business.
- Previous experience in retail outlets is considered an asset.
- A high sense of commitment and work ethic.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and making decisions that reflect the company’s values.
- Excellent time-management and business acumen.
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’.