Gauci Borda in Gzira, Malta is looking to recruit a Shop Assistant
on a full-time basis (part-time will also be considered).
Responsibilities will include:
- The chosen candidate must be able to speak and write in English, computer-literate, honest, energetic and hard-working;
- Must also be motivated, enjoys working in a team and have a pleasant and outgoing personality;
- No experience is necessary since in-house training will be provided. This full-time post is ideal for a young person who has decided to stop studying but open to new challenges in life and would like to pursue a career in Sales and Shop Management.
Working days and hours:
- Operation of POS and Stock Control Systems;
- Maintaining the shop well stocked up and organised;
- Checking incoming stock and pricing;
- Serving clients (after having achieved a good knowledge of the shop product range);
- Stocktaking and stock control functions.
- 48 hour week from Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings only. Closed on Saturday afternoon and Sundays.
If you think you are suitable for the job kindly email us your CV.
Gauci Borda & Co Ltd:
Gauci Borda & Co. Ltd. was established in 1963 by the late Paul Gauci Borda who opened a small shop opposite the Ta’ Xbiex yacht marina selling marine hardware and accessories. By the early 1970s, the company had expanded into the distribution and wholesale business in the industrial, hardware, DIY and home improvements sectors in addition to marine supplies. The company is today run by 18 dedicated employees under the guidance of Myra Gauci Borda and operates two retails outlets in Gzira and Msida, and a warehouse and distribution centre in San Gwann supplying stores all over Malta and Gozo. Gauci Borda is also the leading flagmakers in Malta. We stock, supply and manufacture to specification various types of flags and accessories to ship chandlers, yachts, companies, government, religious organizations and private individuals.